Today we thought we’d go off topic! Are you jetting off on your summer holidays soon? If so you’ve probably started thinking about what you want to pack. But, have you thought about what essentials you need in your hand luggage? Well, don’t worry if not, as we’ve made it easy for you by compiling the top 10 essential items to pack in your hand luggage…
Top 10 essential items to pack in your hand luggage
- Cash – it’s always helpful to have some cash in your bag. It helps with those last minute airport purchases (there’s always something extra you need!). You can also use it to buy those all important drinks and snacks on the plane (whilst avoiding card payment fees!).
- Tablet – no not the medicated form (although if you are on any medication, remember this too!)! We mean the electronic type. Pre-download your favourite documentary or album, and relax! Great option for when the in-flight entertainment is a bit rubbish!
- Headphones – If you are taking the above, don’t forget to take your headphones in case the airline doesn’t supply them. Otherwise, you might not be very popular with the person sitting next to you, if you’re got your favourite soap series on full volume!
- Reading material – a guidebook about your holiday destination, a trashy magazine or your kindle pre-loaded with that new novel you’ve been meaning to read… reading makes time fly! Plus, it’ll come in handy when you’re sitting round the pool too!
- Eye mask and ear plugs– 2 for the price of 1 here! Want to catch up on some sleep while you travel? Pop an eye mask and ear plugs in your bag. Then you can nod off as soon as you’re in your seat, and arrive at your destination refreshed!
- Lip salve – Don’t you find that your lips always get super dry on planes?? Take a lip salve and land in your holiday destination with smooth, luscious, moisturised lips!
- Bottle of water – There’s nothing worse than getting on the plane, realising you are really thirsty, but having to wait for the refreshments trolley! Pack some water and you won’t have to worry.
- Chewing gum – This is great for preventing your ears from blocking on the way up/way down. If you’re not a fan of gum, take some chewy sweets instead (also doubles up as a yummy snack!).
- Sunglasses – It’s always useful to have your sunnies ready, so you can pop them on as soon as you exit the plane into the glorious sunshine!
- Passport – This isn’t going to be the most entertaining item on the plane. However, it’ll get you to that all important holiday destination! Keep it safe with all your other travel docs.
Want More Articles Like This?
Careclean was established in 1984 and has a vast knowledge of carpet and upholstery cleaning and maintenance. We post a bi-weekly blog, which often includes carpet and upholstery cleaning tips, guidance on keeping your home clean and healthy, and offers and competitions. Click here to check out our blog. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up to date on all the latest news and offers.