Hopefully you will never have to remove dog poo from your carpet, but if you do, today’s blog post could come in handy! We will give you a simple step-by-step guide to get your carpets looking (and smelling!) fresh once again. We have also included some links to some other useful articles for other common spills.
If you don’t want to attempt to remove the offending substance from your carpet yourself, then you can give Careclean a call on 01245 323989 and we will do it for you!
How to remove dog poo from your carpet – step-by-step guide:
- Kit yourself out in some protective gloves and then scrape off as much of the poo as possible. A spatula or blunt knife should do the trick. Then allow to dry. I know you are probably desperate to scrub the carpet as quick as possible. Or you want to dive into your cleaning cupboard. But just wait – this step is important.
- Once dry, simply vacuum the affected area – this will help to remove a lot of the excess.
- Okay, now you can open your cleaning cupboard. BUT don’t just grab anything, you need to find some biological washing machine liquid. Pour a small amount onto the carpet so that it covers the stain and leave for 15 minutes.
- Next, remove the liquid with a spatula.
- Now get a damp cloth and dab the area, following with a dry cloth to soak up any remaining liquid.
- You can repeat step 5 if there is still a stain visible.
In the majority of the cases, your carpet should be looking and smelling fresh once again!
Remove dog poo from your carpet – help! There is still a stain!
If the above method to remove dog poo from your carpet doesn’t work, then give Careclean a call on 01245 323989 for some free advice and/or to book in a clean. Before a clean, we offer a free no-obligation quote. We will arrange to visit you in your home at a convenient time and talk through your cleaning options.
A bit more about Careclean…
Careclean Essex is a family-run business, which Kevin and Julie Barber started over 35 years ago. Based in Rettendon, Careclean now provide carpet and upholstery cleaning to domestic and commercial customers across Essex. Click the links below for more information:
- Click the following links for details on our carpet, upholstery, leather and rug cleaning.
- Interested to know more about our prices? Click here.
- Spilt something at home and wondering if you could clean it up yourself? Have a look at this article for loads of helpful tips and tricks you can used on common spills and stains at home.
- Do you have a question about our services? Have a look through our FAQs.
- You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter for latest offers, top tips and more.
“We have been providing carpet and upholstery cleaning services in Essex since 1987. We started small and initially worked the business around our small children. We now have in place a small, dedicated team who provide a premium service to local people. We value each and every customer and provide a 100% money back guarantee if customers are not completely satisfied with our work.”Kevin and Julie Barber
Want More Articles Like This?
Careclean has been established since 1984 and has a vast knowledge of carpet and upholstery cleaning and maintenance. We post a weekly blog, which often includes carpet and upholstery cleaning tips and guidance on keeping your home clean and healthy. Click here to check out our blog. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up to date on all the latest news and offers.